Once you’ve decided to install gutters on your new home, the next decision to make is whether to install seamed or seamless gutters.
Choosing the right type of gutter system
Sectional gutters or gutters with seams are appealing because they are less expensive and easier to install. They are often a DIY project that even a novice homeowner can handle.
On the other hand, seamless gutters require special tools to be cut correctly and should be installed by professionals. While they are more expensive, there are benefits to seamless gutters that make them worth the cost.
Benefits of seamless gutters
Here are the top five benefits of installing seamless gutters.
1. Seamless gutters fit perfectly – every time. Seamless gutters are custom cut to fit each home. Homeowners are guaranteed a perfect fit. When gutters fit well, they work well. A system that is cut to fit your home will give you the performance you need as water and rain is directed away from your siding and foundation.
2. Seamless gutters require less maintenance. Seamless gutters have fewer joints that can accumulate and trap debris. They are also less appealing to animals that are looking to build a home in your gutters. This all leads to less maintenance and time spent cleaning your gutter system.
3. Seamless gutters will have fewer clogs and backups. The more joints and seams in a gutter system, the more prone it will be to clogs. When those backups become too large, water won’t be able to flush it out and will cause damaging backups.
4. Seamless gutters are less likely to leak over their lifespan. Any place in a gutter where there is a joint will be prone to leaks. Those joints will expand and contract over time and holes and rust can form. Seamless gutters only have joints at the corners and are therefore less likely to leak and rust.
5. Seamless gutters offer curb appeal and beauty. Many people find that seamless gutters look better on their home than other options. They also come in a range of colors to complement your home.