Simply, yes. Gutters are an excellent way to protect your home’s foundation. Think about it this way: it’s much cheaper to install gutters as a preventative measure rather than dealing with the overwhelming costs of fixing your foundation after it receives too much water damage.
Are Gutters Really Necessary?
Gutters direct water away from your home. If you don’t have a gutter system, then water runs off your roof and directly touches the siding. Gutters keep the water off your siding. Without a gutter, you’ll see cracks and other damage start to form on your home’s foundation. This can be very costly to fix. Gutters may seem like an unnecessary expense up front, but they will protect your home’s foundation and ultimately save you a lot of money down the road.
What Else do Gutters Protect?
While protecting your home’s foundation is a huge deal, gutters do much more than that!
- They protect your basement from flooding. Again, because gutters guide water away from the house, rainwater doesn’t stand a chance of getting into your basement. Trust us, you don’t want to deal with water damage to your basement walls, floor, and furniture!
- They prevent mold and mildew growth. If your foundation or siding sits damp for too long or has too much exposure to water, mold and mildew will start to grow.
- They keep mosquitos and other infestations away. Gutters, and especially downspouts, direct the water away from your house to your grass or garden where the water can be readily absorbed. Mosquitos and other insects love standing water. Don’t let your home be a breeding ground!
- They prevent erosion. The soil around your home protects the foundation from damage. If the soil gets too much water exposure, it will gradually wear away and your foundation will become exposed and damaged.
- They prevent siding damage. Too much water on your siding can lead to rotting, paint damage, or staining. This decreases the curb appeal of your home and creates more work for you.
Call Good to Go Gutters Today
Don’t let your house get damaged from a lack of gutters. Let us help you install gutters today so that your home can be lasting and beautiful for years to come! Call Good to Go Gutters today for a free estimate!